Monday, April 7, 2008

"Big Brother"

Sometimes I do think that blogging publicly does expose onself to the outside world a lot. Then at times I think who the hell cares. Lately I was reading about this so called software called "Big Brother" (Yeah!Yeah! I don't blame you if you think of Shilpa Shetty) developed for tracking personalities of employees by scanning through their emails and sites visited.

The softwares checks for words drink, love, depressed, lonely, break-up, divorce, suicide, kill, penniless, or phrases like "workplace sucks". Hmm.. I wonder if ever my manager reads through my blog or even my Emails (not that I write out many personal ones) , how would he create my emotional profile??? Sounds creepy! But seems a little funny too. He would classify me as absolutely crazy, pendulum of emotions and what not!

I know that there are millions of people out there who blog. Sometimes I seriously wonder if we really have the time to connect to people across the world when we find so little time to connect to people around us. As for emotional profiling it's a great idea but aren't there people who don't let their personal life interfere in their professional life. Let me speak for myself; I am one. So how could I be judged by scanning my emails? And the case of someone spying you and tracking your activities is a real put off too! I don't know for others but I kind of erform best when I'm let go! So "Big B" could you just drop me off ;)

5 comments:

cm chap said...

Hey good to knw abt BigB... Thanks for the info.

On the other side, do u thnk ist ethical to do it... I have my own reservations.

If you hv any more info let me know

Nivya Kimbi said...

hi.. creepy man!!!

Dhanya said...

hmm that's indeed creepy.. But who really has the time to monitor?

Pointblank said...

yeah,.. even Idont really like the idea!!!

But m glad tat ur life rocks otherwise!

shnaggy said...

i hope i can get hold of that big b so i can crush it to powder...hehehe...it's just so unethical...

i have a circle of friends but i also love to have a private time off to cyber space sometimes. like, i think, all my friends doesn't have a clue if i have a blog. and part of my real persona can reflect in my blog. if someone scans my email now, they'll find out another part of me also. but i have reservations...

i've never heard of that bigb software.