Some latest updates are that Sachin is being removed from the Sunfeast ad. They are banking on their Shah Rukh ad instead. Reebok is no more airing their ad with the cricketers and are moving on to basket ball players. Reebok comments that Indian players have lost their mass appeal!! How under-estimating the emotional tide that is gripping India??
Pepsi also is pulling off their "Ladega to Jeetaga" ad. Again they too are banking on SRK. As the generic rule....someone's loss- other's gain!! Poor Saurav after months of no activity was beginning to earn some bucks through Puma Sports but ah...luck evades him too...
Biggest loser in the game...Sony Entertainment Television!!! Poor things...Their viewership drop is going to cost them 150 crores...
And the lucky and smart one of the lot is none other than Hutch...They just had a Chalo World Cup ad with Rahul Dravid that was more of a pre - World Cup ad! For further info on how the corporates thought of utilizing this oppurtunity check this.
Just taking a look at cricketers and their promotions
- MS Dhoni - TVS Motors, Pepsi, Reebok, Mysore Sandal soap, Brylcreem, Bharat Petroleum and Reliance Communications
- Yuvraj Singh - Nippo Batteries, Pepsi, Reebok, LG Electronics, Hercules Cycles, Royal Stag, SBI cards and IndianOil, Westside
- Sachin Tendulkar - TVS Motors, Pepsi, Reliance, Adidas, Sunfeast, MRF, Fiat Palio, Cannon, Airtel and Future group and Manipal health care
- Rahul Dravid - Britannia, Sansui, Max New York Life, Castrol, Citizen watches, Bank of Baroda and Karnataka tourism
- Sourav Ganguly - Puma, Pepsi, Tata Indicom, Hero Honda, Britannia and Emami Sona-Chandi Chyawanprash